9. Lunge With Spinal Twist
Commonly referred to as world’s greatest stretch in the fitness community. It helps people who suffer from posture-related pain due to prolonged sitting. This stretch helps open hips and improve thoracic/ mid-back mobility. Stretches hips, back and quads.
• Start by standing with the feet together.
• Take a big forward step with the left foot in such a way you are in a staggered stance.
• Bend left knee and acquire a lunge position, ensuring right leg is straight so that you feel a stretch at the front right thigh.
• Place right hand on the floor and twist your upper body to the left as you stretch your left arm up.
• Hold for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
• Repeat on the other side.